BulkLoader is a minimal library written in Actionscript 3 (AS3) that aims to make loading and managing complex loading requirements easier and faster. BulkLoader takes a more dynamic, less architecture heavy aproach. Few imports and making heavy use of AS3’s dynamic capabilities, BulkLoader has a one-liner feel that doesn’t get your way.
BulkLoader tries to hide the complexity of loading many data types in AS3, providing a unified interface for loading, accessing and events notification for different types of content.
This library is licensed under an open source MIT license. Features:
- Connection pooling.
- Unified interface for different loading types.
- Unified progress notification.
- Events for individual items and as groups.
- Stop and resuming individually as well as in bulk.
- Cache managing.
- Statistics about loading (latency, speed, average speed).
- Multiple kinds on progress indication: ratio (items loaded / items to load), bytes , and weighted percentage.
- Multiple number of retries.
- Configurable logging.
- Various assest types (XML, NetStreams, Swfs, Images, Sound, Text Files)
- Minimal imports.
- Few method to learn.
- Dynamic nature: items can be added by specifying a url as a String or a URLRequest .
- Items can be assigned an identifier key to be used on retrival.
- Only one class to learn / use.
BulkLoader tries to gracefully handle progress notification in these use cases:
- Few connections to open: bytes total can be used instantly.
- Many connections opened: progress by ratio
- Many connections opened for data of widely varying sizes: progress by weight.
The target of the Masapi is to provide a complete framework dedicated to the management of the massive loading into a flash/flex application. It is designed to be as easy as possible to use but also to be as flexible as possible.
There are the main features that the framework supports :
- Multi files download
- Overall progress management
- Parallel files download management
- Priority of a file to download
- Cache management
- Supported load managers : URLLoader, Loader, Sound, URLStream
- Pause/Resume the massive loading
- Application file dependencies
Description QueueLoader is an actionscript library for sequential asset loading and monitoring. QueueLoader is designed to be used with Actionscript 3.0 and has become an open source project. If you are interested in contributing please contact the project leader.
- Individual monitoring
- Overall queue monitoring
- Image loading
- SWF loading
- MP3 loading
- XML loading
- CSS loading
- FLV loading
- Addition of items to the queue on the fly
- Access of loaded SWF class references using application domain/loader context
- Disposing of loaded references for Garbage Collection
- Removal of items in the queue
- Queue sorting using sort() functions
- Stopping of a queue in progress
- Drawing of external SWF frames to a Bitmap Array